Heating Oil Tank Installation

Greetings, gentlemen,

These big ol' dark green plastic tanks: a question.

How are you supposed to anchor them to the recommended layer of paving slabs? I can find no provision for fixing the tank down in the instructions for the one I'm about to start work on and there's nothing exotic about this model. Do they just expect the weight of the fuel alone to keep these things from blowing away??

tia.

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

It's not going anywhere with oil in it. It will never be empty, it's refilled before that.

Reply to
harry

I have no idea about the regs for oil, but I think you'll find it won't be going anywhere when it has fuel in :)

Reply to
Tim Watts

Our one, installed by others, has bolts through the flat part of the feet into the concrete pad. 4 in all.

Reply to
Davey

Ours isn't fixed to the underneath support (6' x 6" x 2" planks) and it hasn't gone anywhere. Though TBH I'm surprised it hasn't when near empty. Mind you even "empty" it probably has about 250 l of oil in it or about 200 kg. Full it'll weigh about 2 tonnes. This is a 2500 l fairly "square barrel" shaped tank:

2.jpg

I have seen thiner, smaller (1000 l) but about the same height tanks blown over. It does get rather windy around here, 40/50 mph sustained gusting 60/70 mph.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

In message , Dave Liquorice writes

Just checked ours, and it appears to just sit on a concrete slab, without any fixings. Tank is a modest 1300l, and is fairly often almost empty, yet has never moved, AFAIK. Winds can be strong here in Aberdeenshire, easily blowing a wheelie bin full of rubbish around the garden.

Reply to
News