Heating oil tank (green plastic, 2000 litres) sprang a leak yesterday

Because it's full with a 1000 litres pumped out of my tank until the new tank is delivered.

MM

Reply to
MM

Pallets can be removed during transport, then fitted again, surely?

MM

Reply to
MM

Cue the BBC's Theo Legget reporting on the Porsche CEO getting the VW job and being distanced from dieselgate

"They *don't* *make* diesel cars at Porsche ..."

Reply to
Andy Burns

It's just common sense, not whipping up anything. VW made the story. It has to live with the consequences.

What if the Diesel kind are banned from the road, or will the government repeal the legislation on emissions?

Here's an idea: Get Ford to make retrofit engines that VW owners can purchase for a couple of grand a vehicle. I worked for Ford for 10 years in Cologne. They know what they're doing, do Ford.

MM

Reply to
MM

Nope. Engineer tested it with that special stuff on a dipstick at the last service. Not a trace.

I expect the new tank will have a more modern filter bowl.

MM

Reply to
MM

I can understand you temporarily having /that/ one in the interim, but it sounded like you wanted to keep a permanent spare around ...

Reply to
Andy Burns

I didn't need the URL to know this is untrue.

There's a diesel Panamera, too.

Reply to
Huge
[24 lines snipped]

Ahem.

Huge

Oh, indeed. I'm merely seeking to clarify the c*ck in the popular media.

Reply to
Huge

And the Panamera. And the Macan. And rumours of a future Boxster/Cayman.

Which only leaves the 911.

Reply to
Adrian

Mmm. Remind me, doesn't the 1.6TDCi have just about the worst reputation of any single current/recent diesel?

Reply to
Adrian

A diesel 911? The world will end.

Reply to
Huge

Which'll remove, ooh, about 75mm from the height, nothing from the width or depth.

Reply to
Adrian

Nope. Just curious, that's all.

MM

Reply to
MM

I said, are these emergency tanks available *as slimline*? For example, not 1m x 1m x 1m, but 0.5m x 2m x 1m. That would also hold

1000 litres, but would pass down the side of the house easily. The pallet would be removed first, then re-attached after siting the tank. It's just a few screws holding the tank cage to the pallet!

MM

Reply to
MM

That was Ford US, I believe.

MM

Reply to
MM

Well, I couldn't stay forever with the same company!

MM

Reply to
MM

Do you know whether the pipe from the tank to the boiler (up to the flexible hose inside the Wallstar) has to be one single continuous piece, i.e. no joins permitted?

Currently I'm clearing the foliage from the edge of the garden where the pipe runs (currently white plastic covered copper tube) in case the whole run has to be replaced (about 15m).

MM

Reply to
MM

In message , MM writes

I'm not aware of slimline 1000L IBC tanks, but you can get them in lower capacities, which are a different size, though not seen so commonly.

These are the things being talked about:

Reply to
Chris French