Heating Oil Tank fuel line regs

Although true, this has only happened once in 23 years, so a genset wouldn't have been good value. Most cuts are momentary, and we've had so few of those in recent years that I haven't even bothered getting new batteries for my UPS.

Reply to
Huge

I've noticed that the plastic sleeves I fitted some years ago are starting to yellow. Easy to change, though.

Reply to
Huge

Maybe. But seemingly impossible to get hold of. Net searches throw up millions of hits for heat-shrink sleeving, but that's electrical. If you have a source for white 10mm pipe sleeving sold separately, that could be handy to know.

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

Fairy Nuff. Our supply is not *that* reliable.

The auto recloser trips maybe twice a year, ie an off period of a second or two. If it trips more than 3 times in a minute or two it'll lock out. Though I have feeling that they have changed something as we haven't had an on off on off on off stay off ... sequence for a while. If it doesn't come back in a second or so it stays off for a least a couple of hours until they have manually rerouted the local network to isolate the fault and bring as many people as possible back on. If we happen to be in the faulty section it'll be off for much longer depending on the weather/day/night/nature of fault.

Last time was fairly recently when I found that the genset battery had died. B-(

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

North Beds is probably less windswept than the hilltop you live on.

OTOH, the (derelict) farm next door is being redeveloped for housing and despite repeated assurances from the builder, they've already cut off our water without warning several times and I suspect the electricity and 'phone won't be long after, since all our services cross the site.

Time to stock up on torch batteries, candles and get some new UPS batteries.

Reply to
Huge