Heating manifold

Hi,

I'm currently replacing all the piping and rads for my parents' old heating system. All bar the boiler is being replaced.

I'm using 10mm barrier pipe to the rads, but using 10mm compression fittings on the rad valves, rather than push fit.

I now need to buy some manifolds, and want to get the same ones I used years back on my own heating installation, i.e. 22mm x 10mm brass. These are 10mm compression for the rad connections and 22mm solder for the flow/return pipes.

I am having great difficulty finding these manifolds and the only ones I managed to locate are 4 way Yorkshire version, which are a whopping =A350 each on some web site.

Am I behind the times ? should I just use a push-fit manifold ? I know the push fit/traditional method argument has been done to death on uk.d-i-y.

Do inexpensive metal manifolds exist, with compression fittings ?

Thanks

Chris

Reply to
cf-leeds

I'm currently replacing all the piping and rads for my parents' old heating system. All bar the boiler is being replaced.

I'm using 10mm barrier pipe to the rads, but using 10mm compression fittings on the rad valves, rather than push fit.

I now need to buy some manifolds, and want to get the same ones I used years back on my own heating installation, i.e. 22mm x 10mm brass. These are 10mm compression for the rad connections and 22mm solder for the flow/return pipes.

I am having great difficulty finding these manifolds and the only ones I managed to locate are 4 way Yorkshire version, which are a whopping £50 each on some web site.

Am I behind the times ? should I just use a push-fit manifold ? I know the push fit/traditional method argument has been done to death on uk.d-i-y.

Do inexpensive metal manifolds exist, with compression fittings ?

Thanks

Chris

You could put 22 x22 x15mm tee's in and then reduce15mm to 10mm unless you can get 22x22x10mm tee's and make your own manifold.

Reply to
polly filler