Heating Help

I have a Thermflow Thermal system, run by an ideal boiler. Today, I had to drain down the system in order to replace two radiators with towel radiators, and replace a small radiator with a slightly larger one.

I drained down, replaced associated fittings, and refilled the system. The hot water is fine, however, for some strange reason, when only the heating is powered on, the boiler will not fire up, and theres no error code showing, only a "0" so I assume that its not even attempting to fire up. I have heated the hot water up, and I can't for the life of me understand, with both heating and hot water on, the radiators are heating up perfectly.

The room stat is to its highest setting, and by the point of the "click". But still no "Call for heat" is happening with the heating.

Any ideas?

Regards

SantaUK

Reply to
SantaUK

If the thermal store a DHW only to store? Is it heated directly or through a coil? Are the radiators taken off the store?

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

You fuken idiot, you realy need to understant how these things work before you try to answere. Go back to the knitting groupes.

Reply to
Chas

This sounds like you have a 3 port valve, one out feeding the Thernflow and the other out feeding the CH. If so then you most likely need a new valve.

Keith

Reply to
thelyricalterrapin

Another brain of Briatin who needs to eff off.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Could your boiler perhaps fail to start if the water pressure is low? Is your system fully bled of air? My pump is at a local 'high' point and had to be bled by loosening the big bleed screw on the top. If I did it whilst stationary it just didn't let enough out - only whilst the pump was running. When the fizzling stopped I closed it again and the heating sprang to life. Of course, you may need to bleed at a different point. Phil

Reply to
Phil B

After a few bleeds its seems to be fine now. Hopefully it will see through the winter now without causing too much concern!

Reply to
SantaUK