Heat traps?

What are these about then?

they go on the hw tank? Should we be using them here?

NT

Reply to
meow2222

On 21 Jan 2007 03:27:20 -0800 someone who may be snipped-for-privacy@care2.com wrote this:-

The arrangement of connections to a UK hot water cylinder limit the amount of gravity circulation of hot water.

Reply to
David Hansen

then?

> Do they go on the hw tank? Should we be using them here?

You might need them on some installations, e.g., serving secondary heating zones.

One I had was a thermal store serving a HWS storage cylinder & with a mid position valve. The mid-position valve was normally open to the HWS with the power off; gravity circulation caused the HWS to overheat. It wouldn't happen with a simple boiler, because there's little heat stored.

I fitted a swing-check non-return valve to stop it. No effect at all. With hindsight, should have been a spring check NRV.

Changed the 3-port Y plan to 2 off 2-port zones S-Plan valves, both normally closed; problem solved.

Reply to
Aidan

's borked - I get:

Bad Gateway!

If you think this is a server error, please contact the webmaster. Error 502

Sun Jan 21 14:06:22 2007 Apache

Reply to
John Stumbles