Heat reflecting film for windows

No, this is not a request for software!

My two kids bedrooms are in the roof of the house and have velux windows, but because all the sun in the morning falls on the front of the house, my daughter's room becomes like a sauna any time we have sunny weather.

I have seen that people make solar reflective film to go on the insides of window to cut down on this problem.

What does the team think of this idea? Is it effective/too expensive/difficult to get hold of?

Any advice gratefully received..

dedics

Reply to
Ian & Hilda Dedic

Easy to get hold of, easy to apply fairly well, not so easy to get perfect, and moderately effective.

Try your local chandlers or a decent glazier.

Reply to
John Williamson

One customer has a glass corridor linking two buildings, it used to roast in summer, last year they fitted the film and nobody thought it would make much difference, but in reality it does make it far less unpleasant in there ...

After a few weeks they had to fit some "bird stickers" to it, to prevent owls from flying into it at night leaving impressive "owl with outstretched wings silhouette"

Reply to
Andy Burns

Search on Ebay Solar Reflective Film Got some on my van windows, works very well.

Reply to
Londonman

We presently live in the middle east and have it on all windows of the house and one of the cars. It makes a huge difference. 3M is a reputable manufacturer.

Reply to
Nige Danton