Heat Detector in Garage - Good Idea?

Hi all

It is a requirement for my kitchen re-furb to add a heat detector. So I was looking at the linked mains powered types and spreading them round the pad generally.

So the question is:

Will a heat detector work in the garage or will it false alarm on the car engine heat? Don't want to put a smoke detector in there as I tend to solder and stuff.

TIA

Phil

Reply to
TheScullster

I think the more common type of heat detector intended for kitchens is rising-rate (detects sudden changes) so should work correctly in a garage. I'd check that Part B of the Building Regs is OK with having the garage as part of the alarm circuit.

dom

|Don't want to put a smoke detector in there as I tend to solder and stuff.

So you don't have a smoke detector in the kitchen because you make/burn toast there.

We have one in the caravan and put up with the occasional false alarm

Reply to
Dave Fawthrop

And those 'false' alarms do just prove that the thing is working - how often do people check that these alarms are functioning ?

Rob

Reply to
robgraham

| |Dave Fawthrop wrote: |> On Thu, 7 Sep 2006 17:09:50 +0100, "TheScullster" |> wrote: |>

|> |Don't want to put a smoke detector in there as I tend to solder and stuff. |>

|> So you don't have a smoke detector in the kitchen because you make/burn |> toast there. |>

|> We have one in the caravan and put up with the occasional false alarm |> -- | | |And those 'false' alarms do just prove that the thing is working - how |often do people check that these alarms are functioning ?

My indoor ones when I think about it, They have never actually run out of batteries yet :--)

Reply to
Dave Fawthrop

Don't understand this bit; the OP said he was using a heat rise detector...

Once a week. A reminder pops up on the PC! And batteries are changed on my birthday...

Reply to
Bob Eager