Heat Detector?

On the plans for building re-works I have been given, there is mention of a heat detector in the kitchen. This is positioned on top of an underfloor drain! Surely this is a device to monitor heat in the kitchen itself not the drain beneath? What form do these detectors take - are they now a requisit item in all kitchens?

Would ask the plan designers but they are on holiday and I am impatient!

Phil

Reply to
TheScullster

Presumably it's a heat detecting fire alarm. I use

Mike

The heat detector is a heat-triggered (as opposed to smoke-triggered) smoke, er, fire alarm. It is mounted on the ceiling. The fact that it is above the location of a drain on the floor is coincidental.

AFAIK mains-powered interconnected smoke(heat) detectors are mandatory in new builds and renovations.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Thanks Owain

Reply to
TheScullster

OK to tap off lighting ring?

Phil

Reply to
TheScullster

You have two choices. You may tap off a frequently used lighting circuit, or run them off a dedicated alarm circuit.

Each alarm in the property needs to be linked together, usually with 3&E cable. Then the alarm sounds near the bedrooms when the kitchen sets on fire.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

On Thu, 10 Mar 2005 17:49:52 -0000, a particular chimpanzee named "Christian McArdle" randomly hit the keyboard and produced:

Provided it has a back-up battery.

Reply to
Hugo Nebula