Heat bank and UFH

Ah, so nonsense then....

Reply to
Andy Hall

Matt, for those with no comprehension of such matters it would be so. For the intelligent ones it is easy to figure out.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

... and you're going to put this in the walls as well?

Reply to
Andy Hall

Matt, for your limited comprehension, it said 'loft'. That is the big over you not to the sides.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

The point is that it's pretty much worthless doing this unless one similarly insulates walls

Reply to
Andy Hall

Matt, in your small mind it is not worth insulting at all and pay the 25% gas price hype and even more. Boy you are dumb at times.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

I try to avoid insults.

Yes it is worth insulating in a sensible and balanced way.

However it is not worth adding insulation to reduce roof heatloss from

500W to 400W if 5kW is going out through the walls.
Reply to
Andy Hall

So do I.

Boy, you really do not have it do you. This is the two wrongs make a right mentality.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

If you can spend £x halving the 5kW loss, or you can instead spend £x halving the 500W loss you seem to be suggesting that spending £x on the

250W saving is better.

I suggest you are either mathematically challenged or just a bit dim. Which is it?

Reply to
John Rumm

It is clear you are a Chav from Essex. That says it all.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

No that wasn't Andy's point (I'm sorry but I have to agree with Drivel on this one): he said that if 5kW was leaking out the walls then there was no point in reducing the roof heat loss from 500W top

400W. The sense of doing the latter depends on the cost v. benefit, not the walls.

I would agree that if you have a limited sum of money you give priority to whatever delivers the best return, but that is not the same thing as saying that there is no point in improving the roof insulation because so much heat disappears elsewhere.

Reply to
Tony Bryer

I did make the comment with a comparison of cost of loft vs. cavity insulation in mind.....

Reply to
Andy Hall