Health and safety. A tip from the wise (er)

When laying laminate flooring, pick up all the spare pieces off the floor before walking around with a cheapy 5Kg SDS in your hand.

They make great skateboards. :-)

Reply to
Andy Luckman (AJL Electronics)

And don't balance a claw hammer precariously on a shaver light directly over a newly installed china bathroom basin :-(

Reply to
Franko

I find it very useful not to forget that you've moved the concrete blocks you've been using as a step all morning, especially when stepping off an

450mm high platform.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

and if you spot your battery drill sitting in the kitchen doorway with drill bit fitted and think to yourself "I'm likely to kick that sooner or later", you probably will, and with bare feet, and the pointy end .....

Reply to
brugnospamsia

"brugnospamsia" wrote in news:YjrAe.67326$ snipped-for-privacy@text.news.blueyonder.co.uk:

And if you've got a cheapo blowlamp without spark ignition that you leave going behind you for a moment in the bathroom while you offer up a bit of pipework - bin it right away and get a sparky one and turn it off *every* time...

mike

Reply to
mike ring

When you're outside burning off old paint from a sash window with a propane gas heat gun - make sure that the curtains inside have been taken down.

Reply to
Picker

Why *do* we do these things .. we *know* the potential consequences (I think I've done all mentioned in the thread so far) yet we still manage to do them .. ;-(

I still own / use the 3' high set of wooden steps that I fell off and broke my leg when I was a kid ..! I mean it wasn't the steps fault as such .. but I think there's something evil about them .. .

And why when showing my daughter just *how* sharp the new craft knife I bought her was, how did I end up cutting myself (well it made her laugh anyway) .

How many times have we had that 'if that slips that's gonna hurt' thought (but we carry on fiddling with the grenade anyway? Ah, just me then ..) ;-(

All the best .. and keep safe ;-)

T i m

Reply to
T i m

After laying the first sheet of chipboard in the loft - try to resist the temptation to step back and admire your handiwork !

Reply to
Franko

Before nailing down that last floorboard down, check that you've got all the tools you took down there present and accounted for....

Andy.

Reply to
andrewpreece

Before nailing down any floorboards make sure you've noted the position of the pipe/cable that you've just fixed.

Reply to
Rob Morley

Plus a quick head count of the cats of the house.

Reply to
Andy Luckman (AJL Electronics)

On Mon, 11 Jul 2005 13:22:26 +0100,it is alleged that "Andy Luckman (AJL Electronics)" spake thusly in uk.d-i-y:

That doesn't always work though

8 months ago I was staying with a friend in Canada and was helping to pay for my stay by partly remodeling the house for sale. We had all cats accounted for before closing up the basement ceiling after rewiring the lights.

One of the cats subsequently went totally insane trying to dig through the drywall to get into the ceiling to feed her 3 kittens that we had NO idea she'd had :-O (being only 3 kittens and _that_ kind of cat, she hadn't shown symptoms of being with child.

All ended well though, all 3 kittens survived, and so did the ceiling after some patching where I had to cut a slab of it out to get to the kittens.

Reply to
Chip

Lol! Did that by any chance leave the mystery admirer now looking up, admiring some more handiwork?

NT

Reply to
bigcat

Almost! It left me looking at a sore back, bruised head, gashed leg and almost every other part of my body aching :(

Reply to
Franko

haha.

I plastered a whole bottle of PVA into a stud wall once....

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Heard of someone who bricked up a transistor radio.

Whilst it was playing...

Owain

Reply to
Owain

I hope it wasn't plugged in!

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

A few years ago someone did that in the roof of the then DEC building in Basingstoke. Took out the whole building which eventually cost the fireservice £10M because they didn't get there quick enough. Dunno what happened to the guy with the blowlamp; off making havoc elsewhere probably.

Reply to
OldBill

Thats nothing to what been found in space in aircraft. An inspector's stool was found in one tailfin when the skin was taken off sometime later. Torches potentially jamming controls under floors ar another one.

Reply to
OldBill

See;

http://forums.> Thats nothing to what been found in space in aircraft.

I shouldn't ask, but do you mean a seat, or something else? Did it have his initals on it?

Reply to
Aidan