Headlight lens discoloured

The plastic lenses on my car are discoloured. I have looked at several You Tube solutions using both toothpaste and special kits. The toothpaste method might work if you have the patience, but ..... My garage tells me that the showroom next door uses an orbital polisher and T-Cut. The orbital polishers I see on the web, all seem quite large for this job. Can anyone suggest a smaller one or share a successful solution?

Reply to
Jim S

The discolouration isn't the lens - it's the coating on the lens. All that the abrasives achieve is to remove what's left of that coating. It's anti-UV, anti-scratch, anti-chip. Just removing it will give you a short- term benefit, but will get worse rapidly.

There's various re-coating products out there, but the only _proper_ long- term solution's a new headlight.

Reply to
Adrian