Hazard Perception Test???

Mine wasn't what I'd call an emergency, though it was a little abrupt. And I'm not sure whether he saw it coming. Didn't do the formal one though.

Andy

Reply to
Andy Champ

Andy Champ considered Sun, 05 Feb 2012

17:26:46 +0000 the perfect time to write:

Mine was a car pulling out in front - I could see (motorcycling spidey senses?) that he was not likely going to give way (as he should have) at the junction, and with oncoming traffic he was only going to make it half-way across the right turn he was attempting (pretty stupid trying the "block one side of the road while I wait for a gap on the other" trick in front of a driving school car). I was on a downhill slope, so had my foot right off the accelerator (while keeping to a steady 30mph) and poised over the brake for when he crossed the line. Of course, I had 7 years of motorcycling experience at that stage, so was well primed to deal with the situation.

Reply to
Phil W Lee

"Just a driver" considered Sat, 4 Feb 2012 22:24:54

-0000 the perfect time to write:

I hope you've sent in your licence then, as your eyesight clearly isn't adequate to the task of using it.

Reply to
Phil W Lee

Hagfish have the ability to absorb dissolved organic matter across the skin and gill, which may be an adaptation to a scavenging lifestyle, allowing hagfish to maximize sporadic opportunities for feeding.

Reply to
Peter Keller

Bollocks. You don't deserve more than that.

Reply to
grimly4

I wonder how many of the cyclist-haters obey rules 3 and 17 when they're out of their cages at night?

Reply to
N Ron Hubbard