Has Tool-Net folded ?

I put in an order with them 10 days ago and emailed yesterday to find out why it hadn't appeared - phoned earlier today for no answer and now the phone line doesn't ring.

Anyone know anything ? Only =A340, but that's =A340 !!!

Rob

Reply to
robgraham

I posted my experiences with that shower of no-hopers in March 2007, and concluded:-

"Shame, really, as they had some fair prices and screws in sizes and quantities not easily found elsewhere, but it will take a small miracle now to move them from the "never again" list."

They had their ISIS accreditation withdrawn, but continued to use the logo till I complained to ISIS.

I need to find another supplier of things like BSF bolts and chrome-plated BA and wood-screws.

Reply to
Kevin Poole

My current feeling is heading towards being much the same. It was a case of wanting two particular items and they seemed to be the only people who had them both. Looks as if I will just have to be patient, particularly, as if to rub salt in the wound, they sent me a flier for offers this afternoon.

Rob

Reply to
Rob G

Tim S might know, they are in his part of the world.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

The Medway Handyman coughed up some electrons that declared:

Longfield industrial estate, T Wells - OK, I'm there tomorrow getting some plaster from Bodgit Quick or Wickes - I'll see if I can find them. They're probably hiding in one of the offshoot sub estates where Fedex hide that I normally never go.

Reply to
Tim S

Tim - if you really can be bothered, and I certainly would be totally understanding if it's asking too much, but could you go in and chase them about order number 375961. They are not answering either emails or phone calls.

The address is Stag Trade Park, Longfield Road, TN2 3BF

Cheers Rob

Reply to
Rob G

Rob G coughed up some electrons that declared:

Mystery solved. I get bits from Fixings and Power Tools Direct. They are next to Stag Road.

Had a chat with the boss who I know in passing.

He confirmed that Tool-Net are a sister company and are alive. F&PTD are the registered HO.

He said that at the moment, Tool-Net have one bloke trying to answer 4 lines (didn't elaborate) - I don't know, maybe someone is sick or left?....

He apologised for your difficulties and said if you phone him directly he'll see if he can sort it out for you.

He is:

Peter Ghosh, Branch Sales Manager, 01892 520000

HTH

Tim

Reply to
Tim S

Only on uk.d-i-y could you get service like this. ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Dave Plowman (News) coughed up some electrons that declared:

It was timely for me anyway - I ordered some stainless M6 studding to resin bond my loo cisterns up with. They're hanging on celcon blockwork and to be honest I don't trust any other mode of fixing for weighty items (plus it's a bit easier to line up resin anchors).

Cheers

Tim

Reply to
Tim S

Tim - that is brilliant; very many thanks indeed. I like to say that I'm due you one, but as I'm near Edinburgh, the likelihoods of you taking me up on that is somewhat sparse, but you never know ! I'll phone him in the morning.

As Dave says, you only get service like that on UK DIY !

Much appreciated - thanks again for bothering

Rob

Reply to
Rob G

Rob G coughed up some electrons that declared:

No worries :)

Reply to
Tim S

You're obvioulsy known, Tim - a useful man. All sorted - despite their website saying they won't delay an order because of a missing item, they did so.

Again many thanks Rob

Reply to
Rob G

Rob G coughed up some electrons that declared:

I haven't exactly spent a fortune there either :)

Peter just called me - to say my studding was in. He mentioned you. Glad to hear it was sorted. Apparantly they are down on staff and HO are too scared to employ more people right now as they are worried about the economy - bit of a catch-22. Although one of those down is merely on holiday, so in a week or two they will be running a bit more smoothly hopefully. He said the poor bloke on his own was busting a gut trying to keep everything moving.

He was happy to hear that his intervention may cause some +ve - or at least mitigate the -ve press on t'internet(!).

Cheers

Tim

Reply to
Tim S