Has anyone actually ever notified LABC for Part P work ?

Curious to hear from anyone who whas actually notified the LABC for a DIY job theyve done covered by Part P and their experience of this new phenomenon.

Reply to
Ellis Greensitt

Yes

Do advanced google groups search for "Part P in Practice"

Phil

Reply to
TheScullster

I was in the middle of doing the electrics of my kitchen just after easter. The more I researched PartP the more worried I became.

Decided it was time for an anonymous phone call to the local BCO.

When I said I wanted to speak to someone about Part P you could almost hear the sucking in of breath, followed by his belief that it was a poorly worded and badly thought out piece of legislation. Because of that, they were giving everyone a period of grace up until April 1st (no it wasn't an April Fool).

He asked if I had started the work before that date. I had, honestly.

he then said "well you're Ok then. Carry on"

a fantastic result I thought

Reply to
Rob

Rob

Please tell us you got the guy's full name, job title etc and made a note of the time and date in a place where it couldn't possibly be lost/mislaid/overwritten etc etc.

Phil

Reply to
TheScullster