Hardness of copper pipe

I've recently bought a 2 metre length of 22mm copper pipe from BES - which is described on the invoice as EN 1057 Half Hard BS2871 Part 1 Table X, with a wall thickness of 0.9mm

Is this 'bog standard' copper pipe? It feels heavier than I would have expected. I assume I can use compression and solder fittings in the usual way? Will it bend if need be?

Reply to
Set Square

"Set Square" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@individual.net:

I think the label's torn it should read "it ain't half hard"

mike

Reply to
mike ring

Yes. Although it's not necessary, you can make it easier to bend by anealing it first. Heat the area with a blowlamp and let it cool. This will undo the effects of work hardening caused by any vibration and flexing in storage and transport. Personally, I never bother except when bending 28mm copper tube by hand with a dry sand filling.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

IIRC, yes.

With a decent pipe bender, yes. With a spring it will crinkle. Some say annealing it will allow the use of a spring.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)