hard sell from British Gas

That's not the worst of it. After you've done it, you can't sell the house again. Mortgage lenders won't lend on properties with such PV leases in place.

I doubt that this is the case. There just aren't enough of them around yet for anyone to have noticed

tim

Reply to
tim....

I'm lucky - when we moved house BG refused to give us a credit meter[1] so we move to nPower.

[1] We'd been with them for seven years previously and hadn't been late with a payment for the last five. When we moved here there was a card- meter which, of course, we didn't wan't. BG said they'd be round the next morning to change it - waited in all day - nothing. Rang them next morning..."Oh, we're not going to, you were late a few years ago paying a bill". Asked if we'd be OK if we paid Direct Debit. They said yes, that'd be fine and that they'd come on the Wednesday. Wednesday came and went. Rang them Thursday..."Don't know who said we'd accept DD, we still won't do it."

Rang nPower who came straight round and fitted credit meter.

Reply to
Skipweasel

Guy in the shop downstairs moved in seven years ago, and still gets letters from BG threatening to come and disconnect his gas supply. It'd be a good trick if they can manage it, as I've been here for ten years, and there's never *been* a gas meter in the premises.

Reply to
John Williamson

Tell Radio 4 that

Reply to
Andy Dingley

One of these days I'm going to tell BG that in future I'll charge to open the door and send their salesdroid away with a flea in its ear.

Reply to
Skipweasel

"That's Life" did a story like that 30+ years ago. He should invite them round and have a good laugh. Make sure the local paper are there as well.

MBQ

Reply to
Man at B&Q

It's nice to know there's *some* stability in the World.

Reply to
John Williamson

"British Gas. As good now as it's always been."

Reply to
Skipweasel