Hard drive mountings

Hi Folks

I need to fit a hard drive into one of my PCs. The existing drives are held in by green plastic clips that allow the drive to be easily slid in and out. It has spare bays but they are all designed to take these clips and don't allow for a drive to be mounted in the normal way. My problem is there is no manufacturers name on the case and I can't find where I can buy more clips. Any ideas?

Mike

Reply to
Muddymike

In the past I've taken an existing clip along with me to a computer faire and looked for others like it. There is no standard design so mail-order is unlikely to get what you want, unless you can find the manufacturer. Is there any text embossed on the clips?

Reply to
Bernard Peek

Look on Ebay for Dell green mountings.

Andy C

Reply to
Andy Cap

Presumably, there are no spares clipped into an obscure part of the inside of the case? A picture of the clips might help.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
Nightjar

Acer desktop machines use these as well...

Reply to
John Rumm

Reply to
John Williamson

Bignell

Reply to
Nightjar

So do some older HPs.

Reply to
Paul D Smith

Probably worth mentioning that their mini tower cases have loads of spare drive bays in them, and they all come equipped with clips, so if they fit and you can find someone with one, they have plenty to spare even if they don't know it.

Reply to
John Rumm

As do Fujitsu Siemens ..

A picture of the actual clip might help ...

Reply to
Paul - xxx

You could try looking at what motherboard is fitted. You might then be able to match this to a manufacturer, unless you know your box really was a generic "small supplier".

Paul DS.

Reply to
Paul D Smith

Or powerful magnets, such as those found inside hard drives which have been rendered useless by powerful magnets.

;)

Reply to
Jules Richardson

In article , Muddymike writes

based copy, 2 stuck together for the runners with the outer extending outwards to make the springy bit. Hard drive screws, co-bored into the outer stick instead of pins.

Reply to
fred

find something in the bits bin that will fit - even if not hideous green plastic, but a metal stamping that might screw into the sides of the HDD. They look really familiar, in a 'that'll do it' kind of way.

Reply to
grimly4