Hanging Wallpaper - Paranoid or missing something?

Hi all ;)
Is this the full procedure?
1: Painted the skirtings and the ceiling moulding / architrave. 2: Lined the walls horizontally with 1200 grade lining paper; good strong paste mix and no air bubbles (so far;p) 3: Took ages lining and keeping edges well butted up to each other, so no filling, n1 God ;)) 4: ??? 5: Hang "proper" wallpaper. 6: Enjoy a tin or three of Stella as I admire my beautiful paper ;ppp
Is there another step /hot tip (4:???) I should be considering / aware of, or am I just killing time with a couple of Stellas as I write this;))
TIA & Cheers ! ! ! -- Jet (Please don't someone tell me I got to unibond the lining paper, or it's off to the pub and I *got* to get this done tonight as tomorrow is my last shopping day for SWMBO.)

Step 4. Go and buy yourself a Swan and Morton scaple set and a couple of packs of baldes. In my experiance you can never have a sharp enough blade when cutting this stuff. Stanley's are useless as are sissors.
http://www.swann-morton.com/handles3.html
I have a number 3, and love it! You will end up using it for everything, wrapping pressents, removing things off your body you shouldn't do yourself... the lot!
If there are any overlaps on the lining paper you can just sand them down with some fine grade paper to remove the raised edge
Good Luck

well, if you want to avoid gaps without spending a long time butting paper up against the last drop, overlapping can be a very effective and quick strategy.
However, immediately run down the centre of the overlap with a straight edge and a _very_ sharp knife, peel away the offcuts and flatten down.
Works a treat.
cheers Richard
-- Richard Sampson

Don't bother hanging lining paper horizontally, it's completely unnecessary (that's why it's a different width to normal paper).
If you have nervese of steel and a steady hand, do the glossing last and get a nice line. Otherwise, paste comes off gloss better than gloss comes of paper!
If the wallpaper is patterned, make sure the pieces soak well and for the same length of time before hanging. They will stretch and you want them to stretch the same amount to match the patterns.
You should be able to butt join all seams to a good enough standard. Use overlaps in corners and reveals with the raised edge away from the light if possible.
--
Bob Mannix
(anti-spam is as easy as 1-2-3 - not)

Treat yourself to those electric 'scissors' for trimming the paper where it meets the skirting, etc. Brilliant - if like me you've not had much success with the score and cut method.
--
*A conscience is what hurts when all your other parts feel so good *