Hanging pictures

What's the best way to hang pictures on a dry-lined wall? Ideally I would like to glue something on or hammer a nail in.

Reply to
Pete

Those hooks with 3 sharp pins seem to work well. Could be improved with a dob of glue on the back.

Reply to
John

On Sat, 10 Apr 2004 22:07:19 +0100, in uk.d-i-y Pete strung together this:

Depends how heavy the pictures are. You could just, er, hammer a nail in! I've always used the readily available from all diy places picture hooks with much success on all our dry lined walls.

Reply to
Lurch

Agree - ordinary brass picture hooks work fine. If the picture is on the heavy side, use two

Reply to
Paper2002AD

You can buy some plastic hooks which contain three nails. Two pointing down at an angle and the other pointing up at an angle as the are hammered into the plaster. They work rather well in both plasteboard and good plaster surfaces, providing the picture is not too heavy.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield