Hanging net curtains

Have changed to PVC Double Glazing from wood and finding difficulty in fitting net curtains now that I do not have the wood frame to hook into. Using stick-on plastic hooks, with the curtain wire slightly tensioned, works on small windows but not on larger windows. Suggestions welcome

James Cooke

Reply to
James Cooke

After much cursing at the stick on hooks, which didn't in my experience, stay stuck on for very long, I got some net curtain poles from Wilkos. They've a screw thread and a spring in them, so you just set it slightly longer than the window is wide and let the spring push the pole against the window frame - fantastic! Sorry - I can't remember what the widest one would do, it was either up to 1.5 or 2m...

Reply to
Jon Dunn

Use plastic stick-on hooks as usual, but use dowelling rather than curtain wire. Just rest the edges of the dowelling (which is better painted white) on the hooks - works a treat ;-)

Tony

Reply to
Tony Hayes

Harris drapes do net curtain poles (available at B&Q) that have clips that stick to Upvc and then the pole fixes in them

Reply to
Steven Pilbeam

You can screw things to uPVC - just like wood - as long as you drill a small pilot hole first.

Roger

Reply to
Roger Mills

You mean, like, he's so stupid he hadn't thought of that?

Reply to
Dave

The one in my kitchen is about 2M long (I got it from a place in Merry Hell (phase 1) that has since closed, but they were available) and it works fine. Far more convenient than hooks IME. You have to be careful not to rip the net when loading it across the joint between the 2 rods, which tended to have very rough/sharp edges, despite the powder/PVC coating on the surface.

Reply to
Stuart Millington

That seems to be what you think. It hadn't occurred to me. I just hate net curtains - although I do use them in winter in the dining room. It faces due south and when the sun is low it's blinding.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

resting on 4 stick-on hooks. Needed to glue and use thin plastic sleeve to join a 2ft section to the standard 8ft length available. Incidentally, MY local B&Q couldn't offer any advice to my problem James Cooke

Reply to
James C I Cooke