Hanging a kithchen cabinet

My kitchen cabinet was fixed to thewall with an extraordinary device which I have found in a catalogue described as 'Concealed steel cabinet suspension bracket - for rail and hook suspension - Mounted by

3 pins into the side panel'. The only reference to this thing that I have found anywhere is in the Hettich on-line catalogue.
in B&Q, Jewsons, Travis Perkins or Wickes has seen anything like it. It was manufactured by Indaux, in Maidenhead, and stamped DIN 68840. One has now failed and I want to replace it but don't know where to look. Hettich are wholesalers and supply in lots of 25. Indaux gave me the name of a wholesaler who denied all knowledge of such a thing. My DIY skills are fairly limited so I would like to replace the unit with an identical one rather than try to modify it. Any ideas

Simon

Reply to
Simon Durk

Nobody in B&Q, Jewsons, Travis Perkins or Wickes has seen anything

Some of my kitchen cabinets have the same fixings. Unfortunately I can't remember the make of the cabinets, but I got them from MFI (and they are still up!). They may have been Schreiber but I really can't be sure. I did have a missing hinge and the MFI man got one out from under the counter at the pick up area. You could try there, or ask a local kitchen fitter (very nicely).

HTH

Reply to
Bob Mannix

They look the same/similar as B&Q use - go and look at their display units.

Peter

Reply to
Peter Andrews

Nobody in B&Q, Jewsons, Travis Perkins or Wickes has seen anything

Duno. Ive got tons of simialar things in the drawer full of 'unuseed bits from kitchen cabinets'

I never use em. I always end up with a batten under the top edge, secured to te wall where I can find some studs. and screwed to the cabinet afterwards..

If some ex Hygena units are of use, post here and I'll send em to you.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

> Nobody in B&Q, Jewsons, Travis Perkins or Wickes has seen anything

Have you tried here.

have similar fittings

Darren

Reply to
Darren Forward

Have you actually contected Hettich and asked if they will sell you one? In my experience they are very helpful.

Reply to
usenet

Nobody in B&Q, Jewsons, Travis Perkins or Wickes has seen anything

We use the Screwfix version of these regularly, though alternative versions are available locally from builders suppliers.

I haven't looked but I'm sure Haefele do them and they will put you in touch with someone who would supply them singly.

You say it is mounted by three pins into the side panel. IME they are usually screwed in position though if your cabinet manufacturer was a large one he may have used a boring machine and then used fittings with attached plugs. (We use Blum cup hinges which come complete with all screws and plugs attached. Makes them very simple to fit on site into pre-drilled holes. Less chance of shipping damage doing it this way)

I'm surprised to hear one failed. In what way did it fail ? Only problems we have had is when the wall bracket isn't mounted properly.

Indaux appear to be a manufacturer of cabinet fittings. I would approach their U.K.representative for one. I'd be very surprised if you don't get it free . The following should give details

manufacturers site

Paul Mc Cann

snipped-for-privacy@Durk.freeserve.co.uk (Simon Durk) wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com:

Isaac Lord - preferably the trade department. They certainly sell similar devices.

Reply to
Rod Hewitt

Nobody in B&Q, Jewsons, Travis Perkins or Wickes has seen anything

The bracket looks very similar to the ones used by Magnet. You could check by visiting a Magnet shop. Whether Magnet would supply a single bracket is another question.

Reply to
Michael Chare

I've got abput 6 of these surplus

May not be exactly te same, ex Hygena QA stuff.

pm at tnp-at-shama-dot-co-uk

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher