Handytools, based in Doncaster

Have ordered a Veritas Honing Guide from this outfit, but as yet not had delivery or response to countless emails. Has anyone any experience of this company? There is no phone number on their website, does anyone know it? It will be the last time I deal with them, regardless of whether I get the item or not :-(

Reply to
johno

From their website..........

Our Main Contact Details:

Handytools.co.uk Limited

253 Station Road Dunscroft Doncaster South Yorkshire DN7 4DY United Kingdom

Phone: 01302 319012 Fax: 0845 287 2114 Email: customer [at] handytools [dot] co [dot] uk

VAT Registration No. 182 1648 61

Reply to
Him & Her

I must have worse eyesight than I thought! I have gone to their website and yes I can now see their phone number, buried in the text, but not their address. This is the website I have been using

odd

Thanks

Reply to
johno

What a prat, never thought to look on their terms page, oh dear, senior moments are getting more frequent

Thanks once more

Reply to
johno

To be fair to you, my first port of call was their contact page. I had to do a fair bit of diggging until I found their "real" contact information in their "Terms"!

Reply to
Fredxx

No worries, any luck getting them by phone?

Reply to
Him & Her

Yes, in fact I am very impressed indeed with the outcome. I rang at

4.35pm yesterday (Wednesday) and spoke to Richard. It appears that the item was dispatched at the beginning of the month. He apologised and promised to send me the the item as soon as possible. He was not joking, it arrived this morning! Very impressed with his manner and the way he dealt with the matter. I was going to avoid this company in future, now however I will be using them again and can certainly recommend them. Once again, thanks for your help. Now its off to the shed to sharpen my chisels with my new toy :-)
Reply to
johno

Thanks for the update. Always good to hear of a firm that redeems themselves through good customer service.

Watch your fingers ;)

Reply to
Him & Her