Handyman liability? (long, with boredom potential)

Page 3 of 3
On Thu, 16 Oct 2003 23:48:30 GMT, "BigWallop"

I'm just miffed that the couple of seminar type things I've been to only go on about the benefits, I don't think either of them mentioned the pitfalls, but then again I suppose they wouldn't for fear of putting people off.
-- cheers,
witchy/binarydinosaurs
In that situation how could they prove it WAS you that fitted it?
Jon

On Thu, 16 Oct 2003 21:51:02 +0000 (UTC), "Jonathan Curtis"
Three methods come to mind:
1) You left a paper trail behind, as in receipt or payment by cheque. 2) Unlike that car accident you had, witnesses will be queued up to give statements. 3) If life or limb was lost then scientific evidence (e.g. DNA and fingerprints) might be used.
Overall my belief is that the best defence of something like this is not to go there in the first place. If the job is worth doing then it is worth doing well.
PoP

In this case the house was vacant when I did the work so I could easily vanish into the night, but I'm far too consciencious (sp?) and I always overdo things in the first place, so having a simple elbow joint fail on me is very annoying indeed! -- cheers,
witchy/binarydinosaurs