Handy electrical installation techniques

snipped-for-privacy@care2.com coughed up some electrons that declared:

Hi

Yep - more of an electrocution risk...

There was something to be said for the lead sheathed variety - at least it would fail safe (assuming the lad was still earthed properly).

Cheers

Tim

Reply to
Tim S

Length of cable with the ends bared, one end fastened to chicken wire or a biscuit tin buried in the soil, the other end fastened around the leg of the lad in question.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Steve Firth coughed up some electrons that declared:

Hehe

Why don't they make keyboards like they used to?

Reply to
Tim S

It's ozone that does for the rubber. Exposed ends at light switchs were particularly vulnerable, but there are small amounts of ozone in most places even when not near a source of arcing.

Mechanical telephone exchanges were pretty instant death for any rubber, so they couldn't contain any, and that's partly why things like cotten or paper insulation were used for so long in telephony (or to be more strictly correct, air insulation, paper spaced).

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

why dont you pay the amount for keyboards that you used to :)

My 486 never misses a beat. While that has worked flawlessly I've seen several modern machines come and die. The dino probably cost 10x as much.

NT

Reply to
meow2222