Handheld sander velcro problem

I've got one of those electric sanders that you put three-inch triangular pads onto.

Except the velcro on the sander no longer grips them. What's the solution?

Reply to
Roland Perry

buy a new pad and next time dont run a full speed and don't press so hard. the heat generated melts the hooks in the velcro.

The early sanders were quite low power but the newer ones are 2 to 3 times more powerful and that creates more heat.

Reply to
Bob Minchin

In message , at 18:26:33 on Sat, 29 Aug

2015, Bob Minchin remarked:

The velcro part?

Reply to
Roland Perry

Replace the pad - they are expected to be consumable items...

Reply to
John Rumm

In message , at

21:28:09 on Sat, 29 Aug 2015, John Rumm remarked:

Obviously I've replaced the sandpaper pads many times, but I have never seen replacements for the velcro pads attached to the body of the sander available for sale. Suppose I just have to look harder?

Reply to
Roland Perry

Roland Perry scribbled

Jonno

In message , at 22:05:07 on Sat,

29 Aug 2015, Jonno remarked:

Noted. I'll try to find one that's specific to the sander I have.

Reply to
Roland Perry