'hand wave' light switches

I'd like to be able to turn on the lights under my kitchen wall cupboards by just waving a hand under the cupboard. Something like this:

but without the dimmer function is what I'm looking for. Googling for 'hand wave light switch' or similar doesn't turn up anything useful. Does anyone know of a UK supplier of something like this? Thanks

Reply to
pcb1962

Can't see the demo needs some propritary plugin, but any standalone PIR will do the job.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Something like this perhaps.

Nick

You usually need to get quite close to that sort of switch for it to work, which might be difficult if it is out of sight under a cupboard.

Try PIR light switch. You should find quite a selection - they are commonly used for places like lavatories in public buildings.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
nightjar

"nightjar .me.uk>"

Reply to
John

Low voltage halogen, probably these:

sure PIR is suitable, first cos I don't want the lights to come on every time someone enters the room, and second cos there's no 'off' operation, all the ones I see have a timer and switch off after a certain period of no movement. What I had in mind is one wave of the hand for on and another wave for off. Now that I think about it the idea is impractical, as anytime you reached under a cupboard for something the lights would go off, or on. Think I'll go with the one in the link that Nick posted, and mount one on the wall at the back of each worktop area.

Reply to
pcb1962