'Hand made' planes - on another level

Following on from the thread about casting of Lie Nielsen planes in the USA this is a UK manufactured one.

- 7k !

Reply to
The Other Mike

steel/bronze dovetailing

Andy Burns

They're beautiful.

But the ones I inherited from my Grandfather do me fine. It doesn't seem likely I'll wear them out. And I feel they are tools, not objects of beauty.

Andy

Reply to
Andy Champ

Well-made tools _are_ things of beauty!

Reply to
S Viemeister

Truly a labour of love... I think I would be almost scared to take one out of the display cabinet!

Reply to
John Rumm

A bit like Ostrich Skin wrapped gold plate Leicas to me. I find it hard to believe many of these are put to hard use. Collectors pieces ?

That's not to say I don't lust after one

Reply to
fred

They look fantastic - but I'd need a LOT of spare cash before spending that much on a plane...

Reply to
docholliday93

much on a plane...

If I spent that much on a plane I would want it to fly ;-)

Reply to
John Rumm