Hammer Tacker

I got a new Arrow HT50P hammer tacker.

I believe the way to use it is in a hammer like blow, on its own without any other tool.

I believe I have also seen it used with a hammer. The hammer tacker i laid on the floor for example and then with a hammer you hit the hea of the hammer tacker.

Are both ways possible?

I am asking because this hammer, which is supposed to be heavy duty i having difficulty on its own to drive 10mm stables all the way throug hardboard or softwood.

If used with a hammer, I don't think the head is solid enough t withstand all the blows.

Thanks,

Antoni

-- asalcedo

Reply to
asalcedo

I know those hammer staplers are convenient, but I found a mains operated electric one a fraction of the price and much more powerful. I'd guess there are cordless ones around now which the same applies to.

But to answer your question I'd use a dead blow rubber mallet.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Hi David,

Thank you very much for the tip. I did not know those electric one were only slightly more expensive.

I just ordered the Arrow ETFX50

Antoni

-- asalcedo

Reply to
asalcedo

stapler? Last one I saw for sale was about 100 quid.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I paid about £35.00.

One problem, it does not fire all the time. May be mine is deffective

-- asalcedo

Reply to
asalcedo