Hammer inpact driver - does it exist?

Cordless impact drill drivers haven't been around for that long - 5 years?

Before that impact driver referred to the hammer sort to most.

They are of limited use - I've only ever used them on cars, usually for undoing door hinge fixings.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Mine was last used to remove the damaged screws that were fixing the lock into our shop door. How I laughed at the "locksmith" that tried to remove it with an SDS drill after I suggested using an "impact driver" He certainly hadn't seen one before. :¬)

Before that would have been on my Z550 engine rebuild.

Who knows when the next occasion may crop up and the time it will save.

Reply to
www.GymRatZ.co.uk

Oh indeed - I'll not chuck mine away. The big difference over an impact drill driver (with the same sort of power) is the manual one needs to be used on something solid or very well supported. The drill driver will work near anywhere.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)