Hammer drill choice- follow up- Bosch PBH 2200 RE

Missed tool shop-but-passed by Homebase full of junk tools-but- saw a 600 watt SDS Bosch hammer drill PBH2200RE- compact- fairly light- plastic looks ok-how tough is it ie will it survive a fall 10 feet onto my concrete solum.The brickie dropped my brand new Makita jig saw off the scaffold- just bent the blade- which he straighened with his hammer and carried on sawing!!. Is the Bosch brickie proof!.

Reply to
tom patton

Mine get's chucked around a bit and is showing no signs of wear. Cable is the best I have ever had on a power tool as well.

Al

Reply to
Al Reynolds

^^^^ flex obviously - brain in park

Reply to
Al Reynolds

Reply to
tom patton

Not really in the Makita league I'm afraid. One problem with modern Bosch tools is they seem to overheat a bit more.

However biggest problem is servicing. Bosch service department used to be the dog's whatsits but is now the dog's doodoos. I only buy their stuff now when it's really outstanding - which currently only means jigsaws I think.

Reply to
Mike

The PBH 22000 RE is from the Bosch DIY range, all the models prefixed with "P" are DIY. If you want a pro quality Bosch SDS drill go for a model prefixed with a "G". The pro models will out-last most other SDS drills on the market and are as good if not better than Makita. If you want the best buy a Hilti and that will probably out live you.

Reply to
Kaiser

Reply to
tom patton