Hammer and Stilsons

Page 1 of 2
... aka the Northern Meet.
It's happened, it was absolutely splendid and those of you who didn't attend missed a treat.
There will be another.
Mary
On Thu, 20 Nov 2003 20:42:38 -0000, "Mary Fisher"

Good to hear.
I thought the local dialect was "champion" and "reet gradely" ;-)
.andy
To email, substitute .nospam with .gl
Andy Hall wrote:

Heard someone greeted with 'Eh-up' today, and last week was discussing how far in real terms 'over yonder'* should be. That's grand Yorkshire life.
* There should be at least one ditch or hedge between you and 'yonder'
--
Toby.

One has to make posts understandable to the uncivilised s**th or they'll make trouble.
Mary

On Fri, 21 Nov 2003 21:42:36 -0000, "Mary Fisher"

.... as in down at t'mill? Luddites smashing up machinery? Does Mr. Arkwright know about this?

.andy
To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

UP at t'mill.

Mr Hardcastle does.
Mary

Didn't Mr. Arkwright come from God's county, Lancashire and didn't he develop the cotton industry? ;-)
Dave in sunny Lancashire, well it has been today :-))

You need to tell us when the sun shines?
It didn't shine on Wednesday on Lancashire or Cheshire. It stopped at the Pennine Way.
Mary

mike r
On Sun, 23 Nov 2003 23:04:14 +0000 (UTC), mike ring

Splitting hairs now - it's all north of Watford anyway. :-)

As you go North, that starts at Birmingham in general ;-)

.andy
To email, substitute .nospam with .gl
Mary Fisher wrote:

Yep, much got talked about, ideas exchanged, and fun had.
Looking forward to the next one !
Steve
On Thu, 20 Nov 2003 20:42:38 -0000, "Mary Fisher"

Congrats!
I feel like arranging another. Let's go somewhere sensible, howsabout Torrimelenos? ;)
PoP

Or Maidenhead ? :-))
--
http://www.basecuritysystems.no-ip.com

On Fri, 21 Nov 2003 09:30:32 GMT, "BigWallop"

Holyport? There's a pub on the green there that looks worth a look. I just need the excuse.....
PoP

The Belgian Arms. Used to do very good pizzas.
.andy
To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Right. We seem to have a location mapped out, if others might be interested. And Holyport is very easily accessed from the M4 Maidenhead junction - just a right turn at the roundabout - easy for anyone coming east/west. And that junction also serves the north as well, via the A404 (?).
How's about a suggestion for a day?
PoP

You'll have to excuse the northerners. We'll be enjoying ourselves up 'ere. Not going to waste horsepower going down there.
And anyway - pizzas?????
We gave those up the best part of some time ago ...
Mary

On Fri, 21 Nov 2003 21:45:02 -0000, "Mary Fisher"

You can get them made from Hovis.....
.andy
To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Hovis?
There's posh!
Mary

The only road that serves the North is the M6 ;-) The first and longest motorway in Britain
Apologies to those folk over the border from Lancashire though.
Dave