Halogen bulbs

Hi I got one of those halogen lights for outside my house today and it has a

150W R7S cap floodlight bulb in it , I was wondering if you can buy a lower wattage bulb as it is a bit to bright for what I am going to use it for.. Thanks from Eddie
Reply to
eddie

These lamps when used outside are usually much brighter than people expect. You can get 100W bulbs for them -- I think that's the lowest.

Also, make sure the lamp is angled so it directs light downwards and lets no light above the horizonal. Make sure it doesn't spill light outside your property, or check with neighbours that the spilled light is not an annoyance. Make sure you don't spill light onto a highway, where glare/dazzle could be a hazard.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Not if you are uplighting the property (think churches, etc)

Reply to
Mike