Halogen bulb GU10 'BLUE' used in bathroom

Hi,

I've just moved into a house that has recently been developed. In the shower room there are GU10 halogen ceiling lights. This morning they were flickereing and flashing on and off for a while when turned on. There's one bulb fitted to a fan that has been going on and off for a few weeks. This stayed off after I turned the lights off and then on again. Anyone any ideas why they may have been flickering.

Also four of the five bulbs are standard 50w GU10 bulbs but there is a fifth bulb, also GU10 but type BLUE JDR-C. It's heavier than the standard bulbs and is mirrored rather than clear. This gives an unusual blue light. Any idea why it's there and can I change it for a normal GU10 bulb?

Thanks Iano

Reply to
Iano