Halogen bulb failed within a week

we bought a new lamp last weekend, consists of a big 300W uplighter and a flexible 60W(?) downlighter/reading lamp, both have halogen tube-like bulbs. Yesterday the small one failed (I can see the filament has blown) - it has probably only been used half a dozen times at most. Should we expect to get a replacement bulb for free or will they say 'tough luck'???
a wrote:

Could be that it had some physical abuse before you got it. No harm in asking the shop. I've had one of these for 3 years and both bulbs are still ok.

bulbs.
get
As it is enclosed and you are unlikely to have touched it, you should have a claim under 'fit for purpose.'
--
Woody

snipped-for-privacy@ntlworld.com