Halogen bulb failed within a week

we bought a new lamp last weekend, consists of a big 300W uplighter and a flexible 60W(?) downlighter/reading lamp, both have halogen tube-like bulbs. Yesterday the small one failed (I can see the filament has blown) - it has probably only been used half a dozen times at most. Should we expect to get a replacement bulb for free or will they say 'tough luck'???

Could be that it had some physical abuse before you got it. No harm in asking the shop. I've had one of these for 3 years and both bulbs are still ok.

Reply to
BillR

As it is enclosed and you are unlikely to have touched it, you should have a claim under 'fit for purpose.'

Reply to
Woody