Halfords switching power supply to power a Ring Automotive RAC610 12V Analogue (Tyre) Compressor

Next point - don't rely on the accuracy of any integral pressure guage until you've cross-checked it with something you believe to be accurate. I quickly wrote off a set of tyres by overinflating them, due to the guage underreading.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Quickly? You must have hideously overinflated them! Did you not notice the car feeling any different?

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

The Halfords RL 816U will blow R8 which cannot be repaired because Halford s wont supply a circuit diagram and R8 is blown out of recognition. This ha ppened while mine was running a Halfords cool box which is supposed to do. If you need to try it you may get away with it depending on the power requi red by the compressor, but in any case always start it with the compressor blowing into free air and not trying to oppose the tyre pressure.

Reply to
ajrevitt

Rather an old post that you are replying to. I doubt 5A is enough for an inflator. 7-10 Amps maybe.

Reply to
Graham.

The trick of course is to attach the power supply to the battery and use the car lighter socket; the battery thereby acting as a buffer.

The other trick is to read post header dates ;-)

Reply to
Scott M

I recently made up an extension cable so that I could use my car's lighter socket for the inflator deep in the garage, for a stored car. The supplied 3A fuse blew after a few minutes, the replacement 4A one did not. Luckily, as that was the only one of that small size (6 x 20mm) that I had. Your experience etc etc.

Reply to
Davey

rds wont supply a circuit diagram and R8 is blown out of recognition. This happened while mine was running a Halfords cool box which is supposed to do . If you need to try it you may get away with it depending on the power req uired by the compressor, but in any case always start it with the compresso r blowing into free air and not trying to oppose the tyre pressure.

Look at the circuit & work out what R8 should be. You don't normally need a circuit diagram.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr