Halfords

I've been using Halfords anti-freeze in the old car for years. It's an all ally engine with copper rad so needs the correct stuff - modern long life types are said to not be kind to copper.

Needed some as I'd done some work on the cooling system only to find they no longer do the concentrate. Ready mixed only - at about the same price per unit. So now paying near 10 quid for 2.5 litres of water...

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

But at least it's softened and filtered water :) :)

Reply to
Lee

I suspect they've been restructuring things lately. Our local one recently moved round the corner (far better unit, if maybe a smidge smaller) and I've noticed that the tool range has nose-dived at the same time. The assorted socket range seems to have taken quite a pruning and the individual ratchet/flex head spanners have disappeared.

Bit sad as Halfords had got rather good for real spannering supplies in recenty years. I only hope the quality of their pro range doesn't slide.

Reply to
Scott M

There are two out-of town ones here (the city centre branch nearby the site of the original Halfords of Halford Street is gone) a few years ago the larger one built a mezzanine floor and moved all the bikes up there, I notice they've shrunk back to just the ground floor again.

Reply to
Andy Burns

Or, as some would tell us, 'refurbished'.

Reply to
Bob Eager

Coventry had a Halfords shop / autocentre quite close to another of their autocentres (the garages were Nationwide Autocentre, then AA, now Halfords). They are closing down the smaller one which was always surplus to requirements, so I guess the company is tightening things up a bit. Simon.

Reply to
sm_jamieson