Half Price Adult Products..Great DIY Items!!

I have a nice wooden cable reel that held 50m of 10sqmm T+E....wonder what that would be like?
--
Bob Eager
rde at tavi.co.uk

I think you'd need a rubber band that might be used to launch a Jumbo Jet!
PoP

Going back on topic, some kind of sex toy perhaps? Mechanical gerbil?
--
Bob Eager
rde at tavi.co.uk

Maybe a wooden condom as they most likely wouldn't have a brilliant idea of the size of mans equipment in the 21st century......
PoP

some such title: had various little toy-making projects using cotton reels, date boxes (so wait till Christmas time for the materials for this one, right?), and matchboxes. Went a bundle on toy boats, ISTR - including a paddle-steamer, rubber-band powered of course.
On 28 Nov 2003 16:11:46 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@hp.com wrote:

ISTR there was something that one could do like this involving soap used at the stern of such a small boat in the bath. I think it had to do with change of surface tension creating an effective force to move the boat.
.andy
To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Less elaborate, surely, but a bit of soap in the fork of a part-split matchstick works...
Thomas Prufer
On Fri, 28 Nov 2003 16:11:46 UTC, snipped-for-privacy@hp.com wrote:

There was a book by a guy called Leonard de VRies (I think) that ISTR had good stuff in it....but can't remember the title.
--
Bob Eager
rde at tavi.co.uk
snipped-for-privacy@hp.com wrote:

I think I had that one as well, paddle steamers suddenly spring to mind, as does corrugated cardboard.
--
James...
http://www.jameshart.co.uk /

I am forming an opinion.....
Good DIYers most probably experimented with "physical" toys when young, so as to discover the dexterity one adopts when older.....
Shouldn't have been a glutton for those glasses of wine with my tea tonight.....
PoP
James Hart wrote:

6inch nails, a cork as a body, knitting needles and plasticene blobs to make a chappy who balances on bottle tops.
--
James...
http://www.jameshart.co.uk /

Hole in treacle tin lid, invert tin over gas burner, turn gas on for a few seconds, lid on, light, retreat, wait, bang.
Phil
-- Phil Addison The uk.d-i-y FAQ is at http://www.diyfaq.org.uk / Remove NOSPAM from address to reply
PoP wrote:

Sounds similar to my memory. Now I just crank up the UF heating and tell myself 'You bloody DESERVE this'
:-)

Why buy when you can D.I.Y.