Half Hour Fire Rated Doors

Can anyone tell me approximate price of a standard height, veneered, half hour fire rated door, or where I might find a price list online?

Wish to see how much our company is being ripped off by some builders with what looks to me a hefty mark-up.

Thanks

Reply to
Mike Norris

Wickes catalogue has some cheapish ones.

Reply to
G&M

Travis-Perkins (the sort of place a builder would bet them from) have African Maple faced John Carr (the sort builders buy) internal fire doors for £129 plus VAT. The builder will add a handling charge but I guess it shouldn't be any more than £180 on your bill. John Carr also do Sapele faced but Travis Perkins don't seem to stock them.

Do a product search for "internal doors" and then select "Interior/Doors and Windows"

(Don't search for "fire doors" it seems to confuse it).

Reply to
Bob Mannix

Many thanks for the info, that's just what I was after.

So as I thought, £1194 fitted is a little over the top!!!!!!

Reply to
Mike Norris

On Wed, 07 Jul 2004 20:18:39 +0100, Mike Norris strung together this:

F*&% me, ROFL etc.....

Gold plated doors perhaps?

Reply to
Lurch

Well, it might be slightly less amazing if there were no doorway to start with and he was going to have to make one as a one-off job and it was in a load bearing wall, I suppose - what are the details?

Reply to
Bob Mannix

Hi Mike,

Sounds like they are on 6T ;-)

Reply to
Nige

It does - but they're not!

Our company is having a couple of floors re-fitted by a company called Maris and although it's not my money it will affect me when we go broke for paying people £1200 to fit a door. They ARE nice doors, but not that nice.

Almost every aspect of the work (electrics, lighting, plasterboarding) seems well OTT. We all have to make a living but .......

Ah well, we'll know next time.

Thanks all for the feedback.

Mike

Reply to