Guttering problem

I finally climbed the ladder today to find out why rainwater bounces off the roof and down the walls apparently missing my guttering; it appears that the roof tiles overhang the wall quite significantly, so that rain runs down the tiles and over the top of the gutter. There are no soffits; the guttering is fixed direct to the wall with brackets like this:

Question is, how to solve this? In theory, if the brackets were about 3 inches longer the would position the gutter at the right distance from the wall to catch the rainwater, but I'm pretty sure that would leave insufficient metalwork in the wall. Are 'extra long' versions available? Or is there any other way of solving this before I call in the pros (apart from a bit of re-roofing to reposition the lower slates, which I really don't fancy - the roof is composed of massive Welsh slates)

Thanks David

Reply to
Lobster