Guttering drainage problem

Hi,

I'd be very grateful for suggestions on the 'right' way to overcome this problem. I have a flat-roofed garage which joins onto my house. The gutter from the house roof has a down-pipe which ends just above the garage roof and discharges its water onto the garage roof.

There is a drainage hole in the roof, roughly below the down-pipe, and the water is supposed to run down this, down a vertical pipe in the garage and into the drain. There are some pictures you can see here:

garage roof is now wet around the circumference of the down-pipe and I'm scratching my head about the best solution.

Any ideas? Apart from the downpipe, the nearest drain or soakaway opportunity is a long way away. From the pics it looks like you could drop a pipe round the corner and down, but you can't as it would interfere with a garage backdoor and there is no drain/soakaway.

Is trying to make the hole waterproof again the best/only option? The circumference of the hole is smaller than the circumference of the drain pipe from the upper roof - obviously the best solution would be to connect the 2, but I don't suppose the bits exist to make this possible.

Any recommendations gratefully received!

Thanks,

Pete

Reply to
Peter Boulton

the hole would also appear to be a drain for the garage roof so connecting the downpipe would restrict the drainage from the garage,there are plenty of waterproofers available try using a bitumen based mastic first trowel it around and down the hole

Reply to
Alex

"Alex" wrote

Cut back the fall pipe higher up. Use fittings or anything possible to align the exit point of the new down pipe with the hole. Fit reducer to bottom of fall pipe with small end just inside hole leaving space around for water from roof. As others have said, make good area around drain hole first

Phil

Reply to
TheScullster

Dont use bitumen based mastics to seal round the hole. They quickly break down due to absorbing UV light. There are several re-inforced acrylic based coatings/mastics on the market, Screwfix sell one as Flexacryl.

Reply to
Merryterry