guttering come apart in winds

Ugh. The downpipe for the front guttering has come adrift from the guttering spraying water over the wall.

How urgent is this to get fixed? (I don't fancy going up there atm!!!) The wall is cavity with insulation in place.

Reply to
Si

I'd wait until it's not blowing a gale first. A wet wall will dry quiker than a broken leg mends.

Reply to
Mogga

Don't leave it over the winter, especially if north side.

Get some PVC (plumbing) cement,. if its PVC, run a ladder up the first dry day you get, and GLUE it together. Wedge the downpipe temporarily. Sets reasonably in about ten mins, fully in 24 hrs or so.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

================================== If it's a loose fit when you replace it you can help it to stay in place by using one or two short self tapping screws through pipe and spigot.

Cic.

Reply to
Cicero

I prefer the glue. If it flexes the screw will in time fall out.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I would try to see why its come undone in the first place.

Its OK gluing and screwing but this stuff needs to expand and contract with the heat..which does come sometimes..

And that may well be why it came apart in the first place!..

Reply to
tony sayer

In message , tony sayer writes

I think the guys who fitted it (and fitted the soffits which stop the windows opening wide) 4 years ago neither glued nor screwed it & nor did they support it vertically. As a result it's worked its way apart. I've now got the weld from Screwfix and will ask tonight to borrow a long enough ladder from a neighbour.

Reply to
Si

In message , Si writes

Asked said neighbour who came straight round with 2x12' ladder and went straight up and fixed it. :)) Said he'd been trained by his roofer brother. Wahey - sorted. :)

Thanks all.

Reply to
Si