guidance refitting bathtub

I have a cracked bathtub and need to replace it with a same size bath tub. It will be a straight forward changeover using the same side panel and taps. May require a few tiles (1 or 2 only) to be regrouted. How much should this all cost me for labour? I have been quoted £130.00 and I find this pretty high.

Yaz

Reply to
Yaz

Oft said, rarely true .... £130 to swap a bath sounds like a bargain to me.

Reply to
Tony Bryer

Seems OK to me, I would expect this job (without seeing it) to take most of the day and £130 for a days labour isn't out of the ordinary for a person who knows what they are doing. A big part of any job is not actually doing it but knowing HOW to do it!!

HTH

John

Reply to
John

Just to follow on, don't forget the bath is going to need careful removal so as not to damage any more tiles etc. If it was a new total refit then it could be ripped out less carefully. If you think it is too dear you could always get another quote or DIY, it isn't that difficult really.

HTH

John

Reply to
John

The message from "Yaz" contains these words:

Can I have the name of your plumber? Sounds very low!

Reply to
Guy King

Labour only! Sound dear to me?

Yaz

Reply to
Yaz

I wouldn't take it on for £130 labour. I reckon its a days work without hitting any snags.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman