Guesstimating Weight Of A Fridge

I'm trying to compare how the weight of a larder fridge 21 " x 24" x

48" ( empty) would compare with the weight of an aquarium .Anyone care to guess. I can find the weight of the tank by weighing it and the stand and using an online calculator for the weight of the water . The fridge brochure doesn't show the weight ...might need to ask Lec
Reply to
Usenet Nutter

A LEC L5026W Larder Fridge is 35kg

If you look it up on amazon.co.uk the boxed weight is (sometimes) shown under product details

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Ah right ..Thx for that

Reply to
Usenet Nutter

You don't say what size, and presumably you mean full of water? One person can pick up a fridge that size. You wouldn't pick up anything other than the smallest aquarium!

Reply to
newshound

I don't say what size of what ?..The tank?...I don't need to say what size as I can work out it's weight by other means as I said . If you mean what size of fridge well yes I did say 21" x 24" x 48" It's the weight of the fridge I'm trying to estimate what weight it is ...I's like to see you pick up this one .

I know not to pick up anything but small aquaria but it's nothing to do with it's weight .

Reply to
Usenet Nutter

I wonder how much extra this usenet post weighs with all the redundant apostrophes in it?

I can comprehend a certain amount of general difficulty in spelling haemorrhage or hemorrhoids or remembering whether it's harass or embarrass that has the double R but not why every usage of "its" apparently needs an apostrophe in it.

{Spelling Nazi mode off}

Reply to
Dave Baker

I can see only one, and that's outweighed by the missing commas!

Reply to
Bob Eager

There are two - both "it's weight"

Reply to
Owain

Yup, the fridge will be lighter that a full aquarium of equal size...

Still I expect that is not what you wanted to know. The make and model of fridge would help (it would at least save us having to trawl through the specs of countless fridges looking for one of that size)!

Reply to
John Rumm

You are correct thinking that .:-)

Lec ..as I said ...... It's an EL755AW

Reply to
Usenet Nutter

Ah ok, did not see a message with a model number. If what I can find is correct that is something like 216 - 220 L internal capacity with a single motor. Can't find a weight for any LEC models, but I did find one for a larger (325L) hoover model. That was 56 kg for the fridge on its own. So I would guess 40 - 50 kg is possible for yours.

Reply to
John Rumm

John Rumm gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

Meanwhile, the only important figure for an aquarium is the water capacity. One litre = one kg. Plus the dry weight.

Reply to
Adrian

I can calculate that from online calculators based on tank size added to the weight of the hardware ...I'm just trying to work out how the aquarium weight compares to the fridge weight ..

Reply to
Usenet Nutter

Depending on how full -at least 1/4 ton of water

Reply to
geoff

How can you say that without knowing what size the tank is ?

Reply to
Usenet Nutter

Ah - looking at the dimensions above I saw fishtank

a 2' x 4' fridge ?

bit small, innit?

Reply to
geoff

a 36" x 12" x 15" tank holds 28 Gallons ....274 Lbs

Reply to
Usenet Nutter

The FRIDGE is 21 " x 24" x 48" ...Size of the tank is irrelevant .I thought I'd explained that

Reply to
Usenet Nutter