GU10 extender

Do they exist I can't find any.

What I have is a 6 way light fitting that takes the GU10 halogen fitting bu lds. I brought a couple of packs of GU10 LEDs from B&Q speacial offer was £12 for 2 now £8 for 2 345 lumen dimmable LEDs by daill

But they don;t quite fit in the front room they need to be about 3mm longer pins . So what I want is an extender not an adapter which keep coming up. I'm quite pleased with them in the kitchen where in 4 way light.

BTW I had to replace my previous (halogen) dimmer as it wasn't right for th e LEDs they flickered at low brightness and didn;t vary much in brightess.

Looking into this I found that I needed a particualar type of dimmer and th at being a falling edge triggered dimmer and that works much better.

So time to do the same in the frontroom... but the LEDS wont quite engaged the holders.

Reply to
whisky-dave

What I have is a 6 way light fitting that takes the GU10 halogen fitting bulds. I brought a couple of packs of GU10 LEDs from B&Q speacial offer was £12 for

2 now £8 for 2 345 lumen dimmable LEDs by daill

But they don;t quite fit in the front room they need to be about 3mm longer pins . So what I want is an extender not an adapter which keep coming up. I'm quite pleased with them in the kitchen where in 4 way light.

I managed to get around this problem on a customers light fitting by slackening off the screws/bolts that held the GU10 base to the fitting. It was not by as much as 3mm. Had it been that far I would probably have swapped the bolts for longer ones and maybe used a packer behind the holder. No idea if it will work on your fitting though.

Reply to
ARW

I'll have a look/try but they seem riveted in position.

9_BQ.prd
Reply to
whisky-dave