GU10 Bulbs

I am looking for the equivalent of a 50w GU10 bulb to fit into some downlighters that are a lot cooler than the usual halogen one's. Can anyone tell me where to get anything like these?

Reply to
SantaUK

Santa

I just posted an article on GU10s about thirty minutes before you. If these work in the UK it may be worth looking at the seller shouji_hk or william6.trade on Ebay.

Purist

Reply to
The Purist

It seems the LED ones aren't too good. Somone has recommended GU10 compact fluorescents instead. Google it.

Purist

Reply to
The Purist

On Sun, 24 Sep 2006 13:53:10 +0100 someone who may be "SantaUK" wrote this:-

Rip the things out. If someone really wants downlighters then fit those which will take compact fluorescent reflector bulbs.

Reply to
David Hansen

In message , SantaUK writes

Search for Megaman lamps - they make fluorescent equivalents to GU10. I've just fitted some in the kitchen.

Good and bright with a wide, even pattern. BUT, big BUT, they do take a couple of minutes to warm up, and initial light output for the first 30 or seconds is VERY low, like 5-10%. OK for areas that are on continuously, but not where you need instant light.

Steven Briggs