Groundrents

Hi, I converted a house into flats last year and sold them on a 125 year lease keeping the freehold. How do I go about invoicing the ground rents, must I send a copy of the block policy, should it be sent via their solicitor any other advice/reccomendations much appreciated. Thanks, Chris

Reply to
chris

The lessees' solicitors were probably engaged just for the purchase and would have no on-going relationship with the purchasers. Just invoice the lessees direct. On the flats I have do this for I enclose a copy of the insurance renewal notice (which shows the premium) also a copy of the letter that our broker sends with it stating that they consider this policy to be appropriate and competitively priced. This just saves any argument re the fairness of the charge.

Reply to
Tony Bryer