ground source heating

So why choose a lake in particular? There isn't a lake everywhere under the Antarctic ice sheet and not at 1 km down as you keep on about. Yet again you fail to understand the basics in your pursuit of the answer you have already been given.

Reply to
dennis

Because someone without an ounce of intelligence said there couldn't be ice at the bottom of the Antarctic ice sheet when the rest of the world says there is.

Reply to
Fredxx

That's a big football pitch some what larger than the 200 m2 that you were telling me I needed a few posts ago.

Oh do keep up at the back.. the rate of heat influx is the same ~0.1W m2 so you may be able to extract boiling water for a short period but it won't last long. Why do you think there are no geothermal power stations drilled in the UK if you only need to go down a mere 2km?

Reply to
dennis

because it costs a lot to go down that deep.

Why do you think there *are* geothermal power stations elsewhere where mines already exist that deep?

we could be using ours, if they werent mothballed for possible re-use.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Who said that then? You?

Reply to
dennis

Go on then where is one that uses an old mine to generate any reasonable amount of power?

And how would the fact they are mothballed have any effect on how much heat could be extracted?

Reply to
dennis