Grommet for strimmer spool head

One of the nylon grommets on my Countrywide (no longer trading) petrol strimmer has gone AWOL. This means that the line only lasts seconds, before it snaps off. The hole in the spool where the line exits, is 10 mm. The grommet in this pic gives an idea of shape, but would need are larger flange - to prevent escape again:-

ideas where I could get a general purpose grommet that would do the job? Probably worth the risk, but strimmer unuseable at the mo. TIA Bertie

Reply to
Bertie Doe

Make your own?

Skipweasel

If worst came to the worst, could you not fit an alternative spool head from a maker that does have spares? (they whole spool is not usually that expensive since they only have a limited life)

Reply to
John Rumm

Bertie

Reply to
Bertie Doe

The local farm supplier can get spools for Hitachi, Husqvarna, Honda etc., (£10 to £30), but none seem to fit mine. It would be handy if they did fit, particularly if it was bump feed. Bertie

Reply to
Bertie Doe