Grohe Concealed Cistern with Air Button

Just fitting a new bathroom , I'm currently installing a Grohe Concealed Cistern with Air Button, the problem is that the cistern just keeps emptying as soon as theres a few inches of water in the box it dumps the water in to the pan . Is it faulty or is something that I've over looked. The cistern was supplied with the syphon unit already installed..

Any help gratefully received..

.. Tony

Reply to
Tony

The pipe between the cistern and pan is too high up in the cistern and fouling the dumping mechanism. You have to trim it to size. The instructions normally state the max protrusion allowed beyond the sealing washers.

Reply to
daddyfreddy

I had a similar problem with my Grohe concealed cistern. If I remember correctly, there are two possible settings for the flush mechanism, either 6 litre or 9 litre, and not very clear instructions on which was which. I used the wrong one (9 litre), which meant that the float wasn't low enough in the cistern to push the valve closed.

Vaci

Reply to
Vaci